The Edinburgh Academy Archive
Featuring some 200 years of the Academy’s and the Academical Club’s history, the Archive records the foundation, development and activities of the school from the early 1820s. A school for boys until the late 1960s, the Academy became fully co-educational, firstly in its Junior School in 2008 to be followed a year later in the Upper School.
The Archive’s extensive collections include:
- Correspondence, minutes, reports and records
- Photographs and works of art
- Artefacts and Sporting Memorabilia
- Books and Periodicals including the School Chronicle (from Vol. 1, 1893)
The Archive provides a rich resource of material relating to the School and its Academicals for:
- Family Research
- Historical Research
- School Reunions
- Speakers’ events
For more information on The Edinburgh Academy Archive please contact either:
Development & Alumni Relations Office
+44(0)131 624 4958
Visitors to the Academy Archives are welcome and are requested to make an appointment in advance.